Welcome

Have a poke around, even leave a comment if you like.

Saturday 12 May 2012

New toy

I am now the proud owner of a Voigtlander 35mm F1.4 Nokton Multi-coated M mount lens. Although the following images have nothing to do with street photography I had to shoot something. So bolted it on to the GXR and burnt some pixels. The 35mm and the GXR crop factor gives me back the look of a standard 50mm. Not exact, but close enough. Having been very pleased with Voigtlander 15mm and the view that gives, I had forgotten how fast a 1.4 is, even though that was the joint primary reason for buying one. I could have done with this a fortnight ago in Edinburgh for the Beltane Fire Festival. (That is a post still to come).

The size, weight and feel are good. Smooth focus ring and half stop clicks on the aperture ring. Nice. Although tend to like black and white this lens does like colour.

For what it is worth I put the Nokton on my M3 for openers, for anyone that is interested, it does not bring up the 35mm frame lines. Hey ho.

From leica M3 to Cowon J3 and Audio Technica ES7s.

I said it likes colour.

Just need to use it on the street now. First impressions, very happy with it.

Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment