Welcome

Have a poke around, even leave a comment if you like.

Sunday 1 September 2013

Ricoh GXR and Taylor and Hobson Anastigmat (Bokeh)

Bolted on another oldie worldie lens today, something from the 50s. A Taylor Hobson 50mm F2 Anastigmat.
I am surprised I have used this lens so rarely.

As usual I have not fiddled about with the images, just straight out the cam, I know I should be taken out and shot, but I happen to like shooting square and the way the GXR renders its black and white.

I have posted the one above and the one below just because I like the Bokeh. There I have said the B word. No doubt I will open up a torrent of opinion, or rather it won't as no one (bar one, top bloke) comments on here anyway. The above was F2.8 and below F4.





Having mentioned Bokeh, I offer up the following couple of images. Yes I know the petal has blown out, but might as well be honest about it than fiddling with the raw file. Might just be me, as I am looking at the original on a biggish monitor, but the Bokeh looks the  mutts nuts from here. As subjective as that is.
Took a second shot and serendipity also made an appearance.The bee came into shot and landed, after I had already committed to pushing the shutter release. Strange how these things work out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment