Welcome

Have a poke around, even leave a comment if you like.

Saturday 23 May 2015

Pancreatic Cancer

So I find myself at the second Ben Manners Memorial Trophy 5 a side football competition. In aid of  Pancreatic Cancer research Fund PCRF
I was there to support and enjoy, however, there was no one to take official type photos. So here I am on a purely social event and all of a sudden now official photographer, no pressure then.

I am armed with a manual focus camera, a 35mm lens, no flash and who knows what type of indoor lighting.

First things first lets sort out the white balance. This was done  manually in camera using a WhiBal Card

Most shots were pre focused and then waited for the action to to come to me. I had the lens pressed hard up against the netting to try and remove it from the shot..
I then grabbed some informal shots. and finally the presentation to the winners from Ben's sisters.

Overall I am quite happy with the results given I had not arrived expecting to take 'the' photos.

I hope they meet the needs of those that asked me to take them.

So regardless of time, I ask you to raise a cup, mug or glass to Ben Manners.

All shots taken on M9 and Voightlander 35mm f1.4. ISO800.  If you are by any chance a regular, then you will already know these are straight off the chip no fiddling about.

Well done to all.




















No comments:

Post a Comment