Welcome

Have a poke around, even leave a comment if you like.

Saturday 16 April 2016

MR2 - Leica M9 - Summitar - Bokeh

Bit of a random collection of thoughts and observations in no particular order.

I have been using the Leica Elmar-m 50mm F2.8 ever since I bought it. Very happy with it indeed. Light, quick to focus, sharp and all the rest of if it. Like it so much I had considered reducing the number of 50mm lenses I have as only really need one. So before I said good bye I thought I would give an airing to the Summitar.

Took it out in the daylight today and shot some random stuff whilst joy riding in the 2.
Operating in fully manual mode and set white balance via a whibal card.

Maybe it is the fact this lens was made in 1949, but it really has a delightful warming effect on the colours in a vintage kind of way. Some would say it has a marmite Bokeh. Me, I like it. In fact I bought it for the Bokeh when I stumbled across it on the net.

Took some pics to try and illustrate the bokeh that can be rendered with this lens. But the surprise was the colours once viewed on a monitor. Maybe not to everyone's taste, maybe technically flawed by today's standard. Yet, it cannot be denied the lens gives a look that would be hard to duplicate in the modern world, photoshoppery or otherwise.

Usual rules of engagement straight off the chip no fiddling. Just as is.








2 comments:

  1. Thanks. MR2 looks much better with stick on number plate. I shall upgrade mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are a 2 enthusiast
    a very friendly 2 forum can be found here
    https://www.mr2roc.org/forum/index.php

    ReplyDelete