Welcome

Have a poke around, even leave a comment if you like.

Sunday 5 August 2018

New member of the team V2

Oh my goodness, a year (and some) has passed since last post. Must try harder.

So that's in the past, in the present, I have now finally got my hands on a Leica M (type 240) M-P.
Was it worth waiting for the M-P over an M? Yes.
I skipped the normalM and went straight for the M-P
It looks right, it feels right, but even without trying the M, that extra buffer capacity makes all the diffrence.

I really liked the look and feel of the sensor inthe M9. I know it's a big departure for Leica to have changed lanes and gone the CMOS route, but quess what, I like the look of these images as well.

Easy to get hung up on the tech but the images are what count, nobody was bothered what quill Mr Shakespear used.

I would say the menus have been simpled out compared to the M9, they weren't bad but the menus and options her ebring you that bit closer to simpleness.

The range finder has definately improved over the M9. Standard range finder focusing is an absolute joy.
And with the live view I now have the option to use non range finder coupled glass.
Like my Pentax 77mm 1.8 Limited, that is, a truly stunning piece of glass.

So what did I go and play with today, first time had proper chance to play with the M-P. Yep, only seems right to pair my newest cam with my oldest piece of glass. The Lecia 5cm F2 Summar.

How does an old piece of glass (1936) render on a comparatively recent modern sensor?

Bit like this. As ever, straight out the cam.

Angles



Bird on a Hog

Colour

Or, Black and white

Mirror

Neova
By Yokohama

My Playground
 


No comments:

Post a Comment